The Stella Kupferberg Memorial Short Story Prize
The Stella Kupferberg Memorial Short Story Prize is awarded by Selected Shorts and 2016 judge T.C. Boyle, author of World’s End and The Harder They Come. The 2016 contest is presented with our partners Electric Literature and the Gotham Writers’ Workshop. The winning work will be performed and recorded live at the Selected Shorts performance at Symphony Space on Wednesday, June 8, 2016, and published on ELECTRICLITERATURE.COM. The winning writer will receive $1000 and a free 10-week course with the GOTHAM WRITERS WORKSHOP.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Please read the contest guidelines before submitting or contacting us. If you have further questions, please reach us as email@example.com.
The Stella Kupferberg Memorial Short Story Prize is a writing competition sponsored by the stage and radio series, Selected Shorts. This long-running series at Symphony Space in New York City celebrates the art of the short story by having stars of stage and screen read aloud the works of established and emerging writers. Selected Shorts is recorded for Public Radio and heard nationally.
- Entries should be 750 words or less. (We sometimes have technical difficulties with our word count in the online form. If the counter reads a number higher than 750, but the text is under 750, you will still be able to enter the form and it will be read. If you have problems with this function, please contact us.)
- There is a fee of $25 to enter.
- Submissions must be entered by midnight EST on March 15, 2016.
- Stories can be on any theme.
- Writers of all ages and nationalities are eligible.
- The story must have a title.
- We do not accept work that has been previously published in print, online, or any other medium.
- We do not accept works in translation.
- Once entered, we do not accept revisions for any stories. Your $25 is nonrefundable.
- You may enter as many stories as you like, but a $25 is required for each story.
- We no longer accept mailed, paper submissions. Stories received in the mail will be returned unread with your uncashed check. If you have problems with the online form or are unable to submit online for some extenuating circumstance, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make sure your work reaches us.
The winner will be announced in June 2016 on this website.